Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

No good deed goes unpunished...it's true.

My ankle is still slightly swollen, my foot hurts, and my entire foot, ankle, and leg are 12 different types of purple. Despite all of this, yesterday my brother and I went over to my mom's new house to help her paint. (which means we painted and she sat around, or got stuff that we needed) Anyway, that all went fairly well, but by the time that we were done both my brother and I were tired and ready to go home...especially me since the injury makes me really tired. My mom's new house is almost an hour away from ours, so at 10 at night neither one of us were in the mood for any shenanigans.

We got in the car, started driving home, and everything was fine...right up until it wasn't. All of the sudden my mom's car started making a really weird noise, which concerned her, because, while the car is crap, that was the first time that she had heard this particular sound. We were running out of gas, and apparently she needed to add oil. So, we got off at the first exit that we could, and scoured the unknown area of...somewhere--I'm not even entirely sure where--for a gas station. We made it to one at a crawling speed with basically no gas left at all. We got gas, and my brother and I had the amazingly stupid hope that we would actually get home before midnight. This, needless to say, did not happen.

She tried to put oil in the car, but it was too hot, so we ended up sitting at the lovely gas station until she could manage it. We were hoping that the horrible sound would dissipate after that, but it didn't. My brother was in a foul mood, due to his tiredness and aching everything, and my mom kept making wrong turns to get back onto the parkway. We finally made it back onto the parkway, and we maybe made if two miles before a piece of something fell of the car, and the car started smoking. We pulled over on the shoulder of the road, and stood in the freezing cold rain for an hour while we waited for a tow truck and my sister (who took forever and 15 billion calls to answer her phone) to come get us. I was not dress in proper standing-in-the-freezing-rain-with-an-injury-for-an-hour attire. I had on one of my thinner hooded sweatshirts, and light jeans. Luckily, my mom had some blankets in the car, so I didn't freeze to death.

My sister finally got there, and then we had to wait for the tow truck. We all finally got home at like 1am, and for some undefinable reason I got stuck with my mom in my room. I blew up the air mattress for her, although she probably could have just took my bed, because it's not like I got any sleep anyway. My mom snores...really really really loudly. I can't sleep if there's too much noise or too much light...to the point where I have dishtowels in my room that I cover my clock and anything else that has light on it with. I went downstairs to sleep on the couch, but my grandfather has this clock in the living room that seriously makes the loudest ticking noise I've ever heard. Plus, we live on the main street, and there's a giant window. Light and sound pollution is in abundance here.

My grandfather came downstairs at 6:30 in the morning, and just stood in the doorway to the living room...just staring at me...like that wasn't going to wake me up. Not to mention that I was overheating, because he keeps it so damn warm down there. So, I came back upstairs, and tried to block out my mom's snoring...it didn't really work.

In all in all, I'm sore, I'm tired, and I hate the parkway.


( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
Oct. 7th, 2010 04:09 am (UTC)
Yeah. That'll teach you to go to your mom's house and paint and shit. That'll learn you good.
Oct. 7th, 2010 04:54 am (UTC)
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )